Aromatic Blending for Organic Skin Care
2-day Certificate Course with Tanya Moulding
As the skin is our largest organ, and is exposed to environmental and internal stress and damage on a daily basis, why not learn how to make your own skin care blends? - with creative flair and therapeutic skill - and without preservatives or chemical additives, in order to support and enhance the function of skin (both face and body).
Join Tanya for this immersive practical weekend workshop on the wonderful benefits of essential oils, natural plant oils, butters, waxes and clays – combined to create your own unique skincare blends. Gain an understanding of the different skin types and their specific therapeutic requirements, as well as how to adapt ingredients to suit individual needs, daily skincare routines, and changing seasonal conditions.
Over the two days we will explore and sample the properties, benefits and uses of the following ingredients:
• fixed and herbal carrier oils
• butters and waxes
• therapeutic clays
• aloe vera gel
• floral waters
• specific essential oils important for their beneficial skincare properties
• skin types and common skin disorders
• quality standards of various ingredients
• safety and storage of materials and finished products
• therapeutic and cosmetic rationales for making our products
• therapeutic formulae for scar tissue, bruising, inflammation, eczema, etc
• adapting your recipes at home, to use in body scrubs, bath melts, etc
• blending tips and guidelines; reference profiles of essential oils
You will acquire the know-how to create numerous combinations from the selection of ingredients studied over the weekend, and will have the opportunity to make, in groups and individually, four products and two samples to take home, such as:
• a cleansing balm
• a healing balm
• a body butter
• a facial elixir
• a cooling gel
• a mask
All materials and equipment for the class -
essential oils, base products, containers and utensils - are provided.
Entry onto this course does not require a prior qualification.
The course includes printed notes.
An Institute Certificate is issued on completion.
Tanya Moulding MIFA,MIFPA,CNHC
Tanya trained in Holistic Clincal Aromatherapy with the Tisserand Institute, and went on to study Deep Tissue Massage, Indian Head Massage, Reiki, Aromatherapy Product Formulation and Natural Perfumery.
As well as maintaining a private aromatherapy practice, Tanya works in the NHS as a complementary therapist specializing in palliative care.
She has served as a Course Director and Senior Tutor in Aromatherapy and Massage at Essentials for Health since 2005, and offers introductory and post-diploma training in Aromatherapy, Massage and Product Blending.
Tanya's study of Natural Perfumery, and of the role of scent on the psyche, has led her to develop classes in perfumery blending, including regular workshops for a Marylebone craft studio.
Tanya creates Natural Perfumery products on a commission-only basis, and is currently developing a small range of artisan perfumes as well as writing a book on the subject.
LOCATION, DATES AND FEES
Location: Regent's University,
Regent's Park, London NW1.
Dates: Saturday & Sunday, December 2-3, 2017 (2
Times: 9.30 am to 5 pm daily.
Course Fee: £250 incl VAT, payable on booking.
Please note that the course fee is in all cases non-refundable and non-transferable.
Tel: 020 7193 7383 or 0798 501 2565 for further info.
How to book
To book a place on the course, please submit your contact details and the course fee in any one of the following 3 ways:
• To book by making an online bank payment, please contact us for our bank details.
• To book by making a secure credit/debit card payment, please telephone us on 020 7193 7383.
• To book by post, please send a cheque (payable to ITHMA Ltd) with your name, address, tel no and email address to our office address.
For overnight accommodation near Regent's University (previously Regent's College), our course venue, we recommend that students visit the following website featuring several reasonably-priced local hotels:
Download the printable version