Aromatherapy and Massage in Pregnancy
course is designed for aromatherapists who seek to enhance their practical
skills and knowledge in the therapeutic care of pregnant clients.
This 2-weekend Advanced Certificate Course will combine
practical and theory-based learning, and is designed to clearly demonstrate
the benefits and use of massage and essential oils throughout the different
stages of pregnancy. Particular focus will be given to understanding the
changing physiology and emotions of the pregnant mother, and how best
to address these changes at each stage of pregnancy through aromatherapy
• Emotional and physical changes that occur during each of the three
trimesters of pregnancy.
• Common ailments during pregnancy.
• Contraindications to massage and aromatherapy during pregnancy.
• Pregnancy-related case history consultation forms and note-taking.
• Positioning and safe massage techniques for each stage of pregnancy.
• The safe use of essential oils during each stage of pregnancy.
• Stages of labour and appropriate techniques to support the labouring
• Psychological and physical benefits of pre- and post-natal massage.
• Home care for the pre- and post-natal mother.
• Care of you, the therapist!
At the end of the course, course participants
will be able to:
• Understand the changing physiology and emotions
of pregnant women.
• Feel confident in treating and advising pregnant women.
• Provide with confidence therapeutic massage treatment to women
during pregnancy and labour.
• Apply with confidence the appropriate and safe use of essential
oils during pregnancy and labour.
• Entry onto this course requires prior training in massage or
An Institute Certificate is issued on completion.
Shirley-Anne Foster MIFR,MIFPA
Shirley-Anne Foster is an Aromatherapist and Reflexologist
with over 12 years’ professional experience. She completed her
original training with some of the UK's most respected training providers,
including Clare Maxwell-Hudson, Renée Tanner and Aromatherapy Associates.
She has since gained qualications in Advanced Massage and Aromatherapy,
Soft Tissue Release, Kinesiology and Metamorphic Reflexology.
Shirley-Anne has specialised in treating pre- and post-natal
women following the birth of her first child. She regularly works with
Active Birth teachers, giving lectures to pregnant women on the benefits
of massage, and has a busy Aromatherapy practice in which she works extensively
with pregnant mothers.
LOCATIONS, DATES AND FEES
Location: Regent's College,
Regent's Park, London NW1.
Dates: Saturday & Sunday, March 1-2 and March 15-16, 2014 (2 weekends).
Times: 10 am to 5 pm daily.
Course Fee: £350 incl VAT, payable through a deposit
of £100 on booking, followed
by the balance of £250 on the first day of the course.
Payments made on booking are non-refundable, but are transferable to any subsequent course.
Tel: 020 7708 2626 or 0798 501 2565 for further info.
How to book
To book a place on the course, please submit your contact details and the deposit or full fee in any one of the following ways:
1. To book a place by post, complete an Enrolment Form and send it with a cheque (payable to ITHMA) to our office address.
2. To book a place over the phone, please contact us to make a secure credit/debit card payment.
3. To book a place by making an online bank transfer, please contact us for our bank details.
4. To book a place online, make a secure credit/debit card or PayPal payment here:
For overnight accommodation near Regent's College, our course venue, we recommend that students visit the following website featuring several reasonably-priced local hotels:
We can also recommend:
The Wyndham Hotel
30 Wyndham Street, London W1H 1DD
Tel: 0207 723 7204
York Street Hotel
22 York Street, London W1U 6PX
Tel: 0207 224 2990